We are picking Wednesday 21st October. We will be picking regardless of the weather so please dress apporopiately. The forecast is saying the rain will stop in the morning anyway so fingers crossed! Many thanks for all your kind offers to volunteer.
We are looking for volunteers to help with this years harvest! A great social community event with free lunch and chance to sample some wines!
- Many thanks once again for supporting my auction in aid of The Lullaby Trust. I just wanted to let you know that the auction raised an amazing £1444.67 which is more than I ever thought could be raised, and I really appreciate your support. (May, 2015)
- "It was a pleasure being able to use your place for our wedding and all our guests was completely bowled over by the setting. The gardens and the view are both amazing. As for the food there was so much of it and it tasted really good, but the best bit was your wine, it was delicious". Karen W (May, 2015).
- "Dear Richard Sue & Jo, Just to say thank you for the very warm welcome we received on Monday when we came to help with your grape picking! We did not know what to expect! but we enjoyed the experience very much it was good to hear the interesting facts about the vineyard and it's history, and not forgetting the excellent food and wine. It was a rewarding day for us as I hope it was for you and hope to be invited back again next year . Thank you all. Kind Regards Peter & Lynda M" (October, 2014)
- "Hi. We'd like to thank you and your parents again for a fantastic event last weekend. We could not have been happier with how things went. We think our guests fell in love with the vineyard as much as we already have. We've just returned from North Wales with Liz's family where we all enjoyed far too much Llazy Llama and Glyndwr sparkling :-)" Liz and Jenna (September, 2014)
- We really did enjoy the day, the venue and service you provided was excellent. We hope we can find opportunities to use the venue again in the future. Pam O (August, 2014)
- "I just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you for a great afternoon at the vineyard last Friday. The event was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Bizarre question but i have been asked by one of the guests where those sausages came from! - were they locally sourced as the gentleman in question thought they were wonderful!
John" (July, 2014)
- “Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special, the vineyard looked beautiful and the catering was wonderful and delicious! Love from Catherine and Duncan”. (June 2014).
- “I would like to thank you for the wonderful venue, food and wine. And for the exceptional service you provided. All the guests have said what a wonderful venue the Glyndwr vineyard was. So we consider ourselves lucky for both the venue and the weather!" Best regards, Malcolm and Linda, Chris and Debbie (proud parents). (May, 2014).
- This is a formal note from the Society to thank you for your hospitality last week. The general feeling was that the visit to the vineyard was the highlight of our tour. Everyone was most impressed with what you have achieved, thoroughly enjoyed the energetic and informative demonstrations and explanations, appreciated the wines and loved the beautifully-cooked lunch. The three of you were lovely and enthusiastic hosts, and the visit was a memorable experience. Many thanks and kind regards, Jonathan Pegler, Chairman, Chiltern District Welsh Society (15/09/13)
- We just wanted to drop you a quick note to say thank you for hiring out your barn and grounds to us for our wedding. It was such a beautiful day and exactly how we wanted it to be. The barn was a perfect intimate setting for the ceremony and the surrounding vineyards were stunning. All the guests commented on how lovely the place was, with many saying that the venue was the most beautiful they had ever been to for a wedding. The flowers were lovely and really suited the theme we were looking for and the bouquets were particularly beautiful. Hannah and Haydn Dawson. (11/09/13)
- First thing that struck me was the idyllic setting and friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The tour was incredibly informative in an easy to understand manner. Food was plentiful and delicious. There was a wine for everyone (I am well placed to make this call as I don't usually drink wine). Time totally flew which signals a wonderful time overall. Would certainly recommend!! (GS - Cornwall)
- A very pleasant and educational walk around the vine yards with unexpectedly hairy surprises followed by some excellent wine (especially the sparkling Rose) and nibbles........almost certainly the most perfect day of the summer. (Paul Bullen - Sussex)
- Fantastic day in South Wales helped that the sun shone! Fantastic setting, great wine and cheese, very informative. (Steve Bescoby - Herefordshire)
- Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, Wine was excellent and they were great hosts. Would recommend to other groups and would certainly go again in the future. Thank so much. (MD - London)
- A great insight into the history and workings of vineyards, rounded off with excellent wine. (KS - Birmingham)
- My favourite team event ever! Richard and Sue were charming hosts, the wines were fantastic and the local cheeses so tasty. The sun shone as we sat out on the terrace having a chilled out afternoon-perfect. (SB)
- We are enjoying a bottle of your pink sparkling wine (a gift from friends) to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary and felt the need to tell you how good we think it is. Diolch yn fawr. Peter Henderson (18/08/13)
- What a fabulous time we had today. The tour and talk was so interesting and informative. Delicious home cooked food, the weather was not so good but we still had a lovely time. Can highly recommend as a day out, or present for friends and family! Thank you again. Michelle & Bruce Norman (17/08/13)
- Many thanks for a lovely day today. The tour was really informative and your passion was clearly evident to see. The food was excellent and matched by really excellent wine - we will certainly be visiting Taylor's in Carmarthen on a regular basis now! I would certainly be interested in volunteering to do some grape picking when required. Many thanks once again. Gary and Amanda Evans (04/08/13)
- We've just bought our 3rd bottle of (2009) Glyndwr sparkling wine this year - from Sainsbury's in Swansea! So good to see it on the shelf there alongside those (inferior) bottles of Champagne. It really does compare: loads of bubbles, light biscuit-y taste and then a depth of fruit hits the back of your tongue - absolutely fantastic and at least four quid cheaper than a reasonable Champagne. Keep it up, Richard! Ken Blakemore (03/04/13)
- Not at all - by all means use my comment. I've never commented on any food or drink (or any other products) online before, so you can also mention that, as far as I'm concerned you're exceptional! Ken Blakemore (05/04/13)
- Just like to drop you a line to say how enjoyable this evening was at the FUN event! Will definitely be back for one of your tours this year and will be highly recommending you to friends for your wonderful nibbles, wine and hospitality! Wendy Jones (14/03/13)
- Many thanks for your welcome. Very interesting afternoon. Lovely food. Nesta and Ralph (02/03/13)
- Just to say thankyou for your delightful hospitality and to let you both know how much Nikki and I enjoyed our recent stay and tour at your vineyard. It is a beautiful place, a very relaxing escape and all accompanied by enjoyable, and informative, conversation. We will happily recommend you and hope to be able to visit you again soon. Tom and Nikki (12/01/13)